Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Enjoy This Life



I do not curse the rain because it hides the colors,
ruins my plans, dampens my spirits.
I thank the rain when it cleans the air,
washes away my mistakes, and helps renew me.


I do not curse the night because it makes me afraid,
changes my focus, colors my perspective.
Instead I look up at the stars in wonder,
reflect in the moonlight, and enjoy the silence.

I do not curse the work because it makes me tired,
silences my ambitions, frustrates my plans.
Rather, I am thankful I have work to feed me,
challenge my growth, and focus on others.

I do not curse those who frustrate or oppose me,
who slow me down, who do not understand.
I listen and try to see who they truly are,
their good qualities, in spite of my concerns.

I try to listen more than speak,
Understand more than judge,
Celebrate more than complain,
Enjoy this life I have been given.


No comments:

Post a Comment