Friday, June 24, 2016

Cross My Heart



If you pour your heart out, is that how you turn into a bleeding-heart liberal?
If you lose blood, does that mean you have lost heart?
If you have lost heart, does that mean you have had a change of heart?
Does a change of heart mean your heart has been stolen?
When a heart is stolen, when a heart isn’t in the right place, can you follow it?
If you follow your heart, can your heart go out to others?
When your heart goes out to others, is that a heart-to-heart?
If you have a heart-to-heart, is that all-heart?
Does all-heart mean heavy-hearted?  Does heavy mean heart-of-stone?
Does that stone rest at the bottom of your heart?  Does it harden your heart?
When a heart is hard, will it skip a beat?
Does skipping beats make a heart ache?  Or break?
My heart broke and I don't know how to mend it.
I only know I love you with all my heart.
Cross my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment